What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does a risk assessment require a corresponding policy?

Started by , Jun 08 2020 08:38 AM
4 Replies

Hi, 

Sorry if this is under the wrong topic, wasn't sure on the most suitable. 

I am just working through some policies, risk assessments, procedures etc. 

If i conduct a risk assessment, do i then need a corresponding policy? 

For example, i have a pen risk assessment that i'm updating, do i then need a pen policy? Or could this just be answered under clause 4.9.6.2 instead of having a separate policy?

I currently have both however i'm not sure if it's overkill. 

I hope this makes sense.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ingredient risk assesment New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Example of a risk assessment template SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Health & Safety Risk Assessment
[Ad]

I'm not aware of anything specific in the standard that requires you to equate policies to RAs on a 1:1 basis, and indeed I've been doing BRC since Issue 4 and have far more RAs than individual policies.

I certainly think it makes sense to group these, as otherwise with the number of RAs required for BRC, you'll end up with a vast number of policies, many of which don't really say a great deal. As long as the outcome of the assessment is reflected in a policy, and you can clearly show this to be the case, then it is not a problem.

Hi, 

Sorry if this is under the wrong topic, wasn't sure on the most suitable. 

I am just working through some policies, risk assessments, procedures etc. 

If i conduct a risk assessment, do i then need a corresponding policy? 

For example, i have a pen risk assessment that i'm updating, do i then need a pen policy? Or could this just be answered under clause 4.9.6.2 instead of having a separate policy?

I currently have both however i'm not sure if it's overkill. 

I hope this makes sense.

If BRC do not ask for it, it's probably overkill.

Their own Policy on asking for risk assessments is already overkill.

I'd also recommened grouping where feasible, i.e for 4.9.6.2 I'd include pens with similar equipment in an equipment foriegn body policy or something along those lines otherwise yes you'll end up with a large number of small policies

I would not create an additional document - I'd include pens in your standard foreign matter, etc documentation - so the answer is no.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ingredient risk assesment New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Example of a risk assessment template SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Health & Safety Risk Assessment Debagging Policy What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination?