Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

I am caught up on the new Debagging Clause in Version 8 BRC. Can someone show me examples of their policy. Thanks in advance.

Teecem

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Hi,

I would think you can keep it very simple and just have a procedure if you open a box or bag which explains what you do.

I've attached a very basic example (possibly a bit too basic) but it gives you the gist. If you slice open bags to empty ingredients you might what to record how you do that and what type of knife. I have had procedures where you perform a D cut in the side of a bag and another where you remove the whole head of the bag.

It does very much depend on your process but I think a simple picture flow diagram is the best way to show your operators what to expect and do rather then just having a procedure for the auditor to tick!

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

MsPloveyou

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

Hi,

I would think you can keep it very simple and just have a procedure if you open a box or bag which explains what you do.

I've attached a very basic example (possibly a bit too basic) but it gives you the gist. If you slice open bags to empty ingredients you might what to record how you do that and what type of knife. I have had procedures where you perform a D cut in the side of a bag and another where you remove the whole head of the bag.

It does very much depend on your process but I think a simple picture flow diagram is the best way to show your operators what to expect and do rather then just having a procedure for the auditor to tick!

What if we don't have small items we use? We bag candy with wrapper film and use cardboard boxes to ship. Only process I would see this clause would help is the process of the sugar going into the hopper.

Jpainter

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:23 PM

The goal of this clause is to prevent adulteration of product whether physical or biological. There needs to be a procedure in place describing how bags will be opened to prevent addition of packaging material such as plastic or paper. This should include what tool is used to open the package and a procedure on how to open the bag to exclude fragments from entering the product. I would also include a visual observation of the package after it is dumped to ensure it is all intact and present. In addition, you will need to describe how product will be dumped out of the bag to ensure the exterior portion of the bag that has been exposed to the environment does not contaminate product. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

This is what I came up with. Pretty basic.

Marshall

Attached Files

Thanked by 5 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users