What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any ideas on swelling in freshly canned chickpeas?

Started by , Jul 13 2020 10:04 AM
3 Replies

I pressure canned chickpeas on this Saturday. I pressure canned six metal cans. But today one of the can was hardly swelled from both side and the easy open lid chipped off but the rest of the cans are okay till now.

Anyone know why it happend? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch
[Ad]

Hello Saquibkhan,

I would say that it is most likely due to microbial contamination in one of the cans. Bacteria can produce enough gas over a time frame to cause the can to swell.

Hope this helps :)

Yep, one dirty can. A little bacteria can be a pain. I remember not remembering if I sanitized a swing-top bottle while racking some home brew. I though I did but obviously I didn't. 2:00am  one night it decided the pressure was too much. I though someone broke into my house. I almost lost a toe when I walked into the basement storage room, there was glass everywhere. Never made that mistake again!

Hi,

Maybe you did not achive the double seam integrity right. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Pasteurized Canned Refrigerated Crab Meat Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch Guide to Inspections of Low Acid Canned Food Manufacturers Canned food opening process Ideas to mark World Food Safety Day? SQF FSC2 2.4.2 Module 18 - GAP SOP Template or ideas for Indoor Agricultural Commercial Sterility Test of Canned Meats