• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:54 PM

Hello everyone,
can you help me to find documentation concerning the control and above all the measurement "ranges" of the: - Double Seam Teardown Examination Requirements (Destructive Test). I found this link, very exhaustive, but I can't understand the measurement ranges to record. Is there anyone expert in the test, and above all is this the regulatory reference for American food producers?

https://www.fda.gov/...acturers-part-3

Thanks so much everyone! 

Lino

Edited by Lino, 25 August 2022 - 03:56 PM.

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 363 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 25 August 2022 - 06:05 PM

Hello Lino,

For a regulatory reference, I believe 21 CFR 113 would be the ultimate authority. Within this regulation, subpart D has a handy diagram that illustrates the various measurements to take. However, I would think the actual measurements for these parameters would depend on the size of can than you're using. Perhaps using these links, you'll be able to work with your can supplier to understand the intended seam specifications of your can. Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of canning experience, as my exposure to 113 is with flexible packaging.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lino

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 26 August 2022 - 08:15 AM

Thanks Brothbro,

I have read what you suggested but I still do not find references to the measurement ranges to be respected. do you know if you can tell me if the attached guide also meets the requirements of the CFR? where can i find references for flexible packaging?
Thank you very much!

Attached File  fish_man_metalcan_chap4_1349292666810_eng.pdf   1.51MB   14 downloads

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users