What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hand Washing Policy & Glove Use

Started by , Aug 05 2020 03:18 PM
2 Replies

When reviewing SQF Policy 11.3.2 for food manufacturing, It's unclear on a topic. Once hands are washed and an employee enters the production floor, puts on gloves and handles product. Their glove rips, or if they handle a non-food contact item. When they change out their gloves to go back to handling food contact items, do they need to re-wash their hands prior to putting new gloves on? I'd say it's implied, but I want to see if their are other interpretations of the rule. 

Sorry if this was discussed before, I couldn't find anything before writing this.

Thanks in advance! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free
[Ad]

You will find in the SQF guidance a note about "Personnel who use gloves also follow hand washing requirements"  

The requirement for what happens when an employee rips a glove is normally found on your own GMP's for employees, etc.

Thus, implied and by policy of your GMPs required.

So, generally an employee that rips their gloves is to remove them, dispose of them and go thru the steps to wash their hands and then put a new pair on.

1 Thank

Should this be followed for both direct and indirect contact with food product? Example: handling an empty drum to situate for filling food product, then using processing equipment to fill the drum but no direct contact with the food. We'd normally change gloves between handling the drum and using the processing equipment (fill hose w/adapter). I assume you'd do a risk assessment on the process, correct?

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand Hand Soap for Organic food production facility Hand Soap Refill Methods Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene Hand Degreaser Soap