What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Uniform Logo printing methods

Started by , Sep 17 2020 03:43 PM
1 Reply

Hi all!

My company is buying work shirts with a printed logo for the production employees. Is there a type of t-shirt printing that is considered more "food safe"?

I've seen t-shirts where the printing is beginning to flake off and I can see this as being a potential foreign material contamination risk. I know embroidery could work but I'm looking for a printed option. 

Hope someone can help! :) 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Uniform Swab What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs What is the best material for a staff uniform in a bakery? Uniform Policy
[Ad]

Hi all!

My company is buying work shirts with a printed logo for the production employees. Is there a type of t-shirt printing that is considered more "food safe"?

I've seen t-shirts where the printing is beginning to flake off and I can see this as being a potential foreign material contamination risk. I know embroidery could work but I'm looking for a printed option. 

Hope someone can help! :) 

Drawing on my days (a while back in years) selling printing and especially printed clothing...

The best and safest for a food company is offset printed - similar in nature to making a copy on your office copier.

Tell your uniform printer you want off-set printed shirts and that you need the ingredient list for the ink as some printing inks contain soy and/or carmine that come from beetles.

Embroidery could work, you might want to get a sample first as some will thread up after a short period of time and cause an issue for inclusion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Uniform Swab What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs What is the best material for a staff uniform in a bakery? Uniform Policy FSSC 22000 Uniform Policy What is a "Uniform Grade"? Questions on Uniform or Protective clothing? SQF code 8 - 11.2.9 uniform specifications Wearing disposable lab coat over uniform when smoking?