• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Fiji
    Fiji

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

hello All,

This is in regards to the above mentioned SQF requirement, regarding protective clothing. Could someone provide a guideline as to which I can compare our uniform specifications with. I work in a tuna processing plant and we use ladies dress smocks and overalls for various sections. I cannot seem to find anything for it on the USFDA site. Any help will be appreciated

Thank you!

e.rubin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

It's up to your company what type of dress code you use. It just has to meet the following guidelines:

11.2.9.8 All equipment, utensils and protective clothing shall be cleaned after use or at a frequency to control

contamination, and stored in a clean and serviceable condition to prevent microbiological or cross-contact allergen

contamination.

At my company, we use cloth smocks as the main part of our uniform. After they are done with it, they put it in a laundry hamper, it gets picked up and laundered, and clean smocks are dropped off. Regardless of what you use, it has to be clean before use and won't cause cross-contamination of any sort. Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1 Member:

tunaplant

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Fiji
    Fiji

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

Hi, this is in regards to 11.2.9.1 Specifications for equipment, utensils and protective clothing, and procedures for purchasing equipment shall be documented and implemented

We already have the ssop for the uniforms, but have trouble getting the specification from the suppliers of the uniform

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

We have documented a reference to the contract on file for the Uniform Provider as further referenced to 2.3.3 for Contract Service Providers.  We also use cloth type smocks of varying colors in the processing areas.  

:coffee:

Thanked by 1 Member:

tunaplant

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Fiji
    Fiji

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thank you! If we still aren't able to get it, then we will have to do the same