What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological standards for frozen fish products for the EU market

Started by , Sep 26 2020 12:15 PM
3 Replies

Dear all, could someone share with me the microbiological standards for frozen fish products for the EU market. I am specifically looking for parameters such as,

Total coliforms

Listeria monocytogenes

E. coli

Thanks,

Tejusan

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit
[Ad]

Dear all, could someone share with me the microbiological standards for frozen fish products for the EU market. I am specifically looking for parameters such as,

Total coliforms

Listeria monocytogenes

E. coli

Thanks,

Tejusan

You omitted to mention whether RTE or not.

Official Standards mostly exist only for RTE.

Can have a browse through the 2 compilations  linked within this post -

https://www.ifsqn.co...er/#entry138358

PS - you may also find the thread linked above interesting to read although not fish-oriented.

IMEX of seafood, for raw products, different locations/customers may have variable expectations other than for the zero-tolerant pathogens like Salmonella

I have tried to make a list of regulation which I remenber:

• Microbiological criteria for foodstuff no. 2073/2005
  • specific rules for Hygiene in food of animal origin no. 853/2004
  • Food Hygiene 852/2004
  • Regarding Salmonella to Finland And Sweden no. 1688/2005
  • Temperature control on frozen foodstuffs no. 37/2005

and the EC have made a Guide on viable parasites in fishery products which may be interesting.

I have tried to make a list of regulation which I remenber:

• 1. Microbiological criteria for foodstuff no. 2073/2005
  • 2. specific rules for Hygiene in food of animal origin no. 853/2004
  • 3. Food Hygiene 852/2004
  • 4. Regarding Salmonella to Finland And Sweden no. 1688/2005
  • 5. Temperature control on frozen foodstuffs no. 37/2005

and the EC have made a Guide on viable parasites in fishery products which may be interesting.

Hi Conny,

Thks input.

I would be interested in a link to No.4 above if you have one.

Scandinavian micro. Standards in English IMEX tend to be highly elusive. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Procedure for microbiological analysis Validating microbiological testing in-house Microbiological Limits for Finished Product Testing Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation