What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Ed.9 and HACCP training for SQF Practitioner

Started by , Nov 11 2020 04:08 PM
12 Replies

Hello, I am reviewing the new SQF code and it looks like there was a chance on the requirements to be an SQF Practitioner. It says that "SQF Practitioners are required to successfully complete HACCP training that is a minimum two-day duration and assessed." Previous editions didn't establish the number of days that the training should be. I've been SQF Practitioner in my company for the past 3 years. Would I be required to go through a 2-day training when we are audited on the 9th Edition? I am also the PCQI for my company - would the PCQI training be enough? Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training?
[Ad]

They basically brought back the requirement for formal training - most is considered to be classroom based, 16 hours at 2days.

Even without this requirement however, the SQF Practitioner was always required to have HACCP training.

Thus, I would be booking training right now if that is not the case for you.

1 Like

How strict do you think an auditor could be on the 2-day training? I completed a HACCP training a couple of years ago prior to becoming an SQF practitioner, but it was more like a refresher and only lasted a few hours. My background is on pharmacy, and I have a couple of courses on Quality control - which included HACCP analysis, but from over 10 years ago. 

Is there any exception for an online class at this point? Like amount of material reviewed? I was planning on having my backup go through AIB's online HACCP but if that won't meet the requirement I guess I'll look for another in-person option?

I am not seeing the 2 day requirement? can someone please point this out, I read 2.1 and 2.9 and see HACCP training as completing an appropriate HACCP training course.

Thanks,

James

James, see on page 13 of Part A (Manufacturing code). It says: SQF practitioners are required to successfully complete HACCP training that is a minimum

two-day duration and assessed. As far as I am aware, it is not mentioned in other parts of the code.

I am not seeing the 2 day requirement? can someone please point this out, I read 2.1 and 2.9 and see HACCP training as completing an appropriate HACCP training course.

Thanks,

James

Ah ok, I read that now and page 13 can be a taken a couple different ways.

The header reads 21 Training (optional)

does this mean training is optional?

and the HACCP training of a minimum 2 day duration and assessed...

...it took me 2 days to complete the AIB online HACCP course and it had a test... 

I believe the SQF training is optional, not HACCP (given it's always a requirement for SQF Practitioners).

You should be covered with your AIB certificate. I checked their schedule and it looks like the next online course is only in September 2021. 

Ah ok, I read that now and page 13 can be a taken a couple different ways.

The header reads 21 Training (optional)

does this mean training is optional?

and the HACCP training of a minimum 2 day duration and assessed...

...it took me 2 days to complete the AIB online HACCP course and it had a test... 

thanks rdquality!

I recall the AIB HACCP online course was quite a lengthy course and probably would equate to 16 hours. and a minimum pass score of 70.

Not trying to promote anything, but I believe IFSQN offers a HACCP course for only $97.

Not trying to promote anything, but I believe IFSQN offers a HACCP course for only $97.

But I think the IFSQN course doesn't meet the 2-day (16h) requirement. I need to check. 

Here are some options:

https://foodsafety.n...haccp-training/ ($195)

https://bdfoodsafety...haccp-training/ ($499)

Both of them are accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.

Hello,

Does anyone know if completing the SQF training would cover this requirement? Or does it need to be a HACCP specific class?

Thank you

SQF training isn't adequate for HACCP training.
1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans