What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU Regulations on the use of Fava Bean Protein

Started by , Dec 10 2020 03:02 AM
2 Replies

Hi. Currently I am sourcing a new material which is fava bean protein powder, I am trying to crosscheck with EU regulations whether fava bean is approved to be use or not and whether there are certain limit/specifications for it however I did not found anything on fava bean protien in EU regulations. Does anyone know in which EU regulation that fava bean protein is allowed to be used and is there any guidelines that I should be aware of if using this? Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein?
[Ad]

Faba bean protein is already being sold in the Netherlands (EU member). So you should be fine to use it as wel.
I do not know for any specific legislation that you should adhere to.

Faba bean protein is already being sold in the Netherlands (EU member). So you should be fine to use it as wel.
I do not know for any specific legislation that you should adhere to.

Thanks Marloes, I heard that too but would really like to have some valid proof (eg.: regulations/limitation) that it is approved to be used. Eitherway thank you so much!

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? What is the name of the protein that causes allergies? HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. EU regulations on black spec allowance in sugar RDB Phosphorus Regulations Regulations for Microbial Environmental Monitoring in South Africa