• IFSQN Member
  • 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 18 September 2023 - 07:11 AM

Good day

I currently work in a Spice blending company.

We currently do handswabs, surface swabs, raw materials & finished goods microbial testings

However we need to do airplates for the environmental aspect of FSSC 22000.

Can some one please direct me to the regulations that contains the spec limits of these airplates, as well the procedure and time frame these air plates need to be in the 

Thanks 

WanderingFSM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2023 - 04:43 PM

Hello there Twinkle,

I don't know the specifics to your question but you may be able to find the details if you dig around here >> ICMSF | International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods – Evaluating issues and making timely contributions on newly emerging food safety concerns.

Twinkle

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 28 September 2023 - 07:28 AM

Hello there Twinkle,

I don't know the specifics to your question but you may be able to find the details if you dig around here >> ICMSF | International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods – Evaluating issues and making timely contributions on newly emerging food safety concerns.

Hi

thank you for this

So basically I'm looking for regulations or procedures on how to do a air plates in the factory, for example how many air plates in a certain area, for many hours, and the specification of the microbes for an airplate for such a conditions.

Example:

1 x Agar airplate, placed in 3x3x3m room, for 1 hour, Spec: TPC: <1000 cfu/ml, Y&M <100cfu/ml

the above is just an example of what I'm looking to find in a regulation or some sort of reference book that I can use when compiling my own inhouse spec and procedure
TIA

WanderingFSM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 September 2023 - 03:15 PM

Edited by WanderingFSM, 28 September 2023 - 03:25 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users