What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Powder for Powder Capsule Drink Mix- Labeling

Started by , Jan 11 2021 07:57 PM
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

My company manufactures single serve powdered beverages mixes that are placed into a machine and dispensed. We are currently looking into adding a "best if used by" label to our cartons. We receive powders from various suppliers with the formulations created, which are then agglomerated before being put into our capsules.

Many suppliers recommend 2 year shelf life from date of production. Due to our production needs however, we currently have powder that has been in our facility for 1 year that has not been further processed.

Should our "Best If Used By" label reflect the supplier recommendation? In other words, our finished product using powder that is a year old would have a best by reflecting only 1 year If we put 2 years from when we further process, that would be giving the product 3 years, which we have not done extensive shelf life on to prove it would work.

Any advice is appreciated!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product Powder Cellulose and Konjac powder Declaration on Label
[Ad]

You're required by law to label products correctly so unless you're going to perform a validation study I would stick with the 2 years total as per your suppliers

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product Powder Cellulose and Konjac powder Declaration on Label Ingredient Declaration for a humectant powder Continuous manufacturing for dairy powder manufacturer Causes of cinnamon extract powder failing to pass the metal detector? White Powder Exist in Surface of Polyethylene Film How do I maintain Redness of Dry Chilli Pepper Powder