What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have the new Codex Alimentarius HACCP standard?

Started by , Jan 22 2021 04:37 AM
6 Replies

Does anyone has new codex Alimentarius HACCP standard ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry
[Ad]

I think you are referring to this: 
General Principles of Food Hygiene revision 2020.
Please look the HACCP (Second Part)

http://www.fao.org/f...of-practice/en/

1 Thank

I think you are referring to this: 
General Principles of Food Hygiene revision 2020.
Please look the HACCP (Second Part)

http://www.fao.org/f...of-practice/en/

Thank you, 

Do you have an idea what are the key changes of this new revision of General Principles of Food Hygiene revision 2020.

Thank you, 

Do you have an idea what are the key changes of this new revision of General Principles of Food Hygiene revision 2020.

It's a massive (HACCP) revision compared to 2003.

For one, the famous Codex Tree has gone.

There appear to be some ideas/concepts borrowed from iso22000(2018) and FSMA.

Unfortunately (for me) it has included the equally famous "absence of control"  FSMA  philosophy which I have so far never been able to understand.

1 Like

It's a massive (HACCP) revision compared to 2003.

For one, the famous Codex Tree has gone.

There appear to be some ideas/concepts borrowed from iso22000(2018) and FSMA.

Unfortunately (for me) it has included the equally famous "absence of control"  FSMA  philosophy which I have so far never been able to understand.

One other important change (after approx 20 years) in the (2020) Codex Hygiene (CH) publication is that  the definitions of Validation/Verification now align to that given in the Codex Validation document of 2008.

eg 

Validation (CH 2003) -  Obtaining evidence that the elements of the HACCP plan are effective.

Validation  of  control  measures (CH 2020) -  Obtaining  evidence  that  a  control  measure  or  combination  of  control measures, if properly implemented, is capable of controlling the hazard to a specified outcome.

and JFI, here is the NACMCF (1998) definition  -

Validation – That element of verification focused on collecting and evaluating scientific and technical information to determine whether the HACCP plan, when properly implemented, will effectively control the hazards.
1 Thank

What will be the impact of such change on ISO 22000 or other GFSI certifications? Like FSSC ? 

What will be the impact of such change on ISO 22000 or other GFSI certifications? Like FSSC ? 

I think we will have to wait and see about this - does anyone know?

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Microbiological Test Standard No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans