What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Procedures in Flow Chart form

Started by , Jan 29 2021 11:16 AM
12 Replies

Hi, our procedures are many and over kill. This year I would like to take the normal writing long winded format and make them into a flow chart. Does anyone have any examples of how this may look please?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers
[Ad]

Could you please specify what procedures you're mentioning?

1 Like

BRC food packaging

You mean, the process steps starting from receiving ingredients and ending with finished product distribution?

Yes, sorry for the delay. I am looking to move all required procedures for BRC and 9001 to a flow chart format and was looking for some examples to help get started.

Yes, sorry for the delay. I am looking to move all required procedures for BRC and 9001 to a flow chart format and was looking for some examples to help get started.

See Post 2

all required procedures, but at the moment any sample would do for any procedure.

Hi. 

I sometimes will use a flow chart within a procedure to help better explain things especially if there are slight variants, however I haven't created a procedure that is 100% a flow, so can't help much!

I'm not sure what to suggest other than breaking it down into steps, but i would be concerned vital information and detail required would be missed by doing this...

1 Thank

Our auditor has said several companies are doing this now and they like the idea. So thought i may give it a try. I have agreed that once they are done well a few, I will send them to the auditor for review.

1 Like

Our auditor has said several companies are doing this now and they like the idea. So thought i may give it a try. I have agreed that once they are done well a few, I will send them to the auditor for review.

The difficulty in getting specific responses is that request is too generic.

I fear that query is meaningfully unanswerable without some further context.

Ok, so lets begin with material control.  Any example of flow chart procedure for the purchase of materials?

I understand what you are talking about and we have found this concept useful as well for some things.  I have heard it called Picture Process Mapping.  I wish I could share an example of how we use it but it is proprietary since we also use pictures in our documents so I am unable to do so.  However, there is an article from Northern Illinois that is short and to the point.  

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

Great, thank you Mulan

Similar Discussion Topics
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Cleaning Procedures in Coffee Manufacturing and Packaging Example HACCP Manual and Procedures for Packaging Company Chiller and Freezer Breakdown Procedures Revisions on SQF Procedures Emergency preparedness and response procedures as required by ISO 22000 for food packaging