Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 February 2024 - 01:12 AM

Hello, I am new to the food safety organization, and my position in the food company is an internal quality auditor. I am working on developing procedures for food security patrolling inside and outside the facility. Is there anyone here who can provide an example of written procedures and policies?
thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 February 2024 - 02:03 AM

Good evening Kickstart!

Welcome.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 February 2024 - 05:00 AM

Hi kickbutawski,

Also try Oregon State University - Guidance for industry Food producers, processors, transporters, and Retailers: Food security preventive measures guidance 

It has a section on Physical security on page 3.

You might find this useful from U.S. FDA: Food Defense Mitigation Strategies Database

It doesn’t cover security patrolling specifically but has some useful tips.

Kind regards,

Tony

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 February 2024 - 05:04 AM

Hi kickbutawski,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

I posted on the other topic you started, I’ve copied the content here:

Also try Oregon State University - Guidance for industry Food producers, processors, transporters, and Retailers: Food security preventive measures guidance

It has a section on Physical security on page 3:

You might find this useful from U.S. FDA: Food Defense Mitigation Strategies Database

It doesn’t cover security patrolling specifically but has some useful tips.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOHAMMED ZAMEERUDDIN

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Sharing the Knowledge

Posted 01 February 2024 - 07:56 AM

Good Afternoon Kickbutawski. Welcome to the forum.

kickbutawski

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:10 AM

i reviewing AIB food security evaluation report and im focus on how to create program/procedure/policy of regulars patrols outside and roof area, also action if water shortage has occur

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 148 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2024 - 01:04 PM

Hi ;) & and Welcome 

I don't have a policy, but risk assessment could help :) 

external - a few things to consider ; 

- external site map, divided into sections 

- risk assessment for (derelict buildings, rubbish dumps, waste land, flooding, Neighbouring companies and the nature if their business, drainage, building fabric (bird nesting), access control 

See example 

;)

Attached Files

Edited by Dorothy87, 01 February 2024 - 01:04 PM.

Sayed M Naim Khalid

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 105 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2024 - 01:50 PM

Welcome to IFSQN.

Listen, food safety and food security are two distinct concepts.

Food safety is concerned with ensuring that food does not cause any health issues for consumers. If a food item makes someone sick, it is considered unsafe.

Food security pertains to the availability, accessibility, and affordability of food in a sustainable manner for everyone at all times. If a person lacks sufficient food, it is termed as insecurity.

Now, based on your discussion, it appears you are primarily focusing on food defense. Food defense involves ensuring food safety from a security perspective, often adopting military-style security measures. Food defense aims to protect food from intentional contamination. Here are some ideas that can assist you:
  1. Accessing your company: Do you employ security guards? Is access controlled with special cards, or is it open to anyone?
  2. Perimeter security: Is your facility walled, fenced, or otherwise protected from outside intruders?
  3. Walls/ceiling/doors/windows: Are the walls, doors, ceiling, and windows of your facility adequately protected to prevent unauthorized intrusion?
  4. Transportation vehicles: Are your transportation vehicles always locked? Do you receive materials in sealed vehicles?
  5. Employee identification: Do you use measures to identify your employees? Conduct background checks? Implement measures to identify individuals attempting to enter your facility?
  6. Digital security: Do you have surveillance cameras? Is there active monitoring of cameras through tools such as CCTV? Is your internet secure? Are your files protected from unauthorized access? Do you regularly back up your files?
  7. Regular review of food defense plans: Do you conduct periodic reviews of your food defense plans or similar elements? Is there a corrective action process for any deviations? Do you document a written plan that covers the aforementioned topics and addresses potential issues?
If you intend to develop a food defense plan, I highly recommend the FDA's free 101 training on Food Defense. This training will help you understand the basics and provide insights into what food defense entails, along with guidance on using various tools to protect your food from intentional contamination.

kickbutawski

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:29 PM

Welcome to IFSQN.

Listen, food safety and food security are two distinct concepts.

Food safety is concerned with ensuring that food does not cause any health issues for consumers. If a food item makes someone sick, it is considered unsafe.

Food security pertains to the availability, accessibility, and affordability of food in a sustainable manner for everyone at all times. If a person lacks sufficient food, it is termed as insecurity.

Now, based on your discussion, it appears you are primarily focusing on food defense. Food defense involves ensuring food safety from a security perspective, often adopting military-style security measures. Food defense aims to protect food from intentional contamination. Here are some ideas that can assist you:
  1. Accessing your company: Do you employ security guards? Is access controlled with special cards, or is it open to anyone?
  2. Perimeter security: Is your facility walled, fenced, or otherwise protected from outside intruders?
  3. Walls/ceiling/doors/windows: Are the walls, doors, ceiling, and windows of your facility adequately protected to prevent unauthorized intrusion?
  4. Transportation vehicles: Are your transportation vehicles always locked? Do you receive materials in sealed vehicles?
  5. Employee identification: Do you use measures to identify your employees? Conduct background checks? Implement measures to identify individuals attempting to enter your facility?
  6. Digital security: Do you have surveillance cameras? Is there active monitoring of cameras through tools such as CCTV? Is your internet secure? Are your files protected from unauthorized access? Do you regularly back up your files?
  7. Regular review of food defense plans: Do you conduct periodic reviews of your food defense plans or similar elements? Is there a corrective action process for any deviations? Do you document a written plan that covers the aforementioned topics and addresses potential issues?
If you intend to develop a food defense plan, I highly recommend the FDA's free 101 training on Food Defense. This training will help you understand the basics and provide insights into what food defense entails, along with guidance on using various tools to protect your food from intentional contamination.

Thank you so much for this information, I appreciate it

Do you mind to share where i can find FDA' free 101 training

thanks in advance

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2024 - 04:07 AM

Do you mind to share where i can find FDA' free 101 training

thanks in advance

Hi kickbutawski,

Food Defense 101 is here - Food Defense Awareness for Front-Line Employees course

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users