What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to document scope in the SQF food safety plan?

Started by , Feb 15 2021 06:00 PM
2 Replies

I have two questions....I am newly assembling a SQF food safety plan at a facility that had little to no documented food safety. 

We are a dry pulse facility so for example peas, lentils, beans, and wheat are some of the products. We clean them and package them, that's the easy part. We also treat the seed for them to be sold to farmers for planting nearby. The treated seed is all done outside and doesn't use the same bins or equipment as the food processing so the question is-- on my scope of the food safety plan do I include that seed treatment part?? Does that part get audited then? It essentially has nothing to do with the food processing but it does take place at the same facility so does it need to be documented? 2nd question, how does one search forum topics on this website?? I hate to ask a question that may already have been asked but I also hate to scroll through all of the forum topics to find what I am questioning. Thank you all!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety
[Ad]

I have two questions....

I am newly assembling a SQF food safety plan at a facility that had little to no documented food safety. 

We are a dry pulse facility so for example peas, lentils, beans, and wheat are some of the products. We clean them and package them, that's the easy part. We also treat the seed for them to be sold to farmers for planting nearby. The treated seed is all done outside and doesn't use the same bins or equipment as the food processing so the question is-- on my scope of the food safety plan do I include that seed treatment part?? Does that part get audited then? It essentially has nothing to do with the food processing but it does take place at the same facility so does it need to be documented??

2nd question, how does one search forum topics on this website?? I hate to ask a question that may already have been asked but i also hate to scroll through all of the forum topics to find what i am questioning.

Thank you all!!

Hi ehintze,

1st part not my area of expertise but for search there is a slightly complicated direct "search" box at top right hand this page plus a more advanced tool is available if you right click on the tiny gear-wheel at right hand side of the search box (hovering mouse over it causes a "advanced search" to show)

search2.PNG   17.55KB   4 downloads

1 Thank

I can not help with the second part, but can with the first - you can exclude items from your scope and this sounds like a good one that do that with.  If the product to be excluded is made, produced, etc in an area within the facility it is still subject to inspection to ensure that it is only the exclusion that applies to that area - for instance, years ago as an SQF Auditor I inspected a facility that wanted to exclude a production of onion bagels - i inspected the exclusion area anyway and found that they were storing packaging and ingredients for their other products that were in the scope, this did create issues.

For exclusion info look into your SQF MANUAL and contact your CB as well for direction.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Food safety culture plan