What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Practitioner HACCP Training

Started by , Mar 01 2021 07:48 PM
4 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm completely new here and have been asked by my company to attempt to become the SQF Practitioner. We are a plastics manufacturer going into food packaging, so I have a lot of questions, but am wanting to start with what exactly I need in order to be qualified and recognized as such by the auditor. I've gone through and studied the SQF Code, as well as the IFSQN SQF Implementation Package for Food Packaging Manufacturers - Edition 9. My current concern is that the SQF code mentions that the designated practitioner "are required to successfully complete HACCP training that is provided by a recognized training institution and assessed." I'm having trouble finding what exactly would qualify for this. The IFSQN Package includes an HACCP training slide show, but I don't believe this is sufficient, can someone confirm? Do I need to seek out an HACCP Alliance approved training course that can provide some a certificate of completion? Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

I got my "official" training through NSF

https://www.nsf.org/...ng/series/haccp

They offered a 5 day, 3 days dedicated to HACCP and 2 to grant SQF practitioner certification

There is a lot of material to cover for someone new to this world, and in turn good value for money

1 Thank
You will want a formal haacp course with a certificate of completion. Loosely most dormal courses equal 16 hours of traing.
1 Thank
My spellchecker is not working well. Sorry for the typo.
1 Thank

Make sure the certificate reads 16+ hours or states the dates of the two days of instruction.

There's plenty of HACCP training providers out there, such as NSF, Eurofins, NCSU, etc.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company