What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Proper definition of the general public in the HACCP plan

Started by , Apr 08 2021 12:15 AM
3 Replies

Does anyone let me know what is the proper definition of the general public in the HACCP plan/Food Safety Plan?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Justifying not having a proper kill step in cookie production Proper Disposal of Wastewater from Portable Handwashing Stations What does the proper hygienic layout of a restaurant look like? Where might one find proper data loggers to validate a Kill Step in snack foods? What is the proper way to write CMC, enzymes or anti-foam (E900) in the ingredient list in USA?
[Ad]

Does anyone let me know what is the proper definition of the general public in the HACCP plan/Food Safety Plan?

Hi Raja,

It's a good question. The scope as to what is not the General Public can vary somewhat as illustrated in the attached example.

General Population.pdf   103.31KB   18 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

Charles is right - you'll find a definition of who is not considered the general public.

According to the FDA Food code: https://www.tn.gov/c..._Population.pdf

1 Like

I used the term "consumers" (people who will be eating the food/drink), then go onto explain about the risks for babies, infants, pregnant women, elderly, immune compromised, etc.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Justifying not having a proper kill step in cookie production Proper Disposal of Wastewater from Portable Handwashing Stations What does the proper hygienic layout of a restaurant look like? Where might one find proper data loggers to validate a Kill Step in snack foods? What is the proper way to write CMC, enzymes or anti-foam (E900) in the ingredient list in USA? How to create a proper training register? Proper PPE Storage? (reusable gloves) Proper Working Attire Enforcement Problem HACCP Risk Analysis - Proper way to address risks from previous steps Good, proper procedure and form for product returns?