What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Giving away retail labeled products to employees

Started by , Apr 23 2021 07:38 PM
5 Replies

What is the best process to follow when giving away donations to employees? We often have muffins that are not within spec. It's mostly cosmetic, however, I don't feel comfortable employees taking retail items with labels and full item description. How can this be handled?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Implications of giving packaging away for use at a farmers market Customer requirements - Giving them site plans Cheese during aging giving off gases Is employee assessment required when giving Food Safety Training?
[Ad]

Hi,

I would recommend destroying the brand label using a very visual, obvious method. It is very common for companies to donate their rejected product (food safe) to employees. If the concern is that they will resale the product, destroy the UPC and brand name. It could be as simple as using a large/bold, indelible marker to strike through these areas on the packaging. If it's a sleeve, remove it.

couple of clients just use black bold markers to block out their labels.

One client we had gave aways thousands of nutrition bars everyday because of filming issues, in that case they were simply marked as samples.

All of your employees should have it written into the employment contract that the resale of items is verboten

Bulk pack them in food safe plastic bags in a carton with ingredients and stamp them as seconds, not for resale

Ha...use the word "verboten" in our employee agreement a lot of heads would be scratched.  Good word...I haven't seen it in quite some time.

All of your employees should have it written into the employment contract that the resale of items is verboten

Bulk pack them in food safe plastic bags in a carton with ingredients and stamp them as seconds, not for resale

We have this very often, we just repack into basic packaging or if the quantity is too high to do this i just get a black marker and scribble over the packaging

Similar Discussion Topics
Implications of giving packaging away for use at a farmers market Customer requirements - Giving them site plans Cheese during aging giving off gases Is employee assessment required when giving Food Safety Training?