What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Rapid Test Vs Lab Test for Microbiological Parameter

Started by , May 03 2021 08:19 AM
2 Replies

Appreciate the view on accuracy of Rapid test. Many rapid test kit from different company ( Like 3M, hygiena ) available in market .

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rapid plates vs agar plates High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Rapid Detection of Graphene and Ethleyn Oxide's Rapid Illegal dye testing Rapid Mycotoxin Test
[Ad]

As per my experience being a microbiologist for 6 years, rapid test are good for qualitative testing but if you want to quantify your results then conventional testing is still the best method to follow.

Is this for testing surfaces or products?

I've seen some very questionable (actually, laughably errant) results for some rapid micro on products. If you're using the right product, in the right way, for the right purpose, then some of the rapid micro options are definitely a useful tool. I'd talk with the kit suppliers first, to get their steer on what will suit your specific application(s) best ;)

Similar Discussion Topics
Rapid plates vs agar plates High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Rapid Detection of Graphene and Ethleyn Oxide's Rapid Illegal dye testing Rapid Mycotoxin Test Rapid test for yeast and mold Rapid Micro test of bread ? InSite Rapid Enviromental Listeria Species Test (Hygiena) SQF clause 2.8.1.1 - Does anyone know of an Rapid Allergen Test that tests for the Big 8? Rapid methods for environmental monitoring