What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Writing Temporary Storage into our Program

Started by , Jun 23 2021 12:43 PM
8 Replies

Hi, we are a food Packaging company that is FSSC22000 certified. We make food packaging material that comes in direct contact with food. I need to add Temporary Storage to our program in our warehouse but I am not sure how to word it. We do not have any allergens or Cross contamination items. Could someone please give me some ideas?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Order of processes - manufacturing, testing, writing specifications Regulation or guidance document regarding production Writing Ahead Writing Root Causes to Audit Queries Need help writing the process for the scope our QSFM Writing a Food Safety Manual
[Ad]

Hi,

We are a food Packaging company that is FSSC22000 certified. We make food packaging material that comes in direct contact with food. I need to add Temporary Storage to our program in our warehouse but I am not sure how to word it. We do not have any allergens or Cross contamination items. Could someone please give me some ideas?

What do you mean by "Temporary Storage"

Is yr query related to some particular clause in the Standard ?

I was told by our external auditor that in our Operational Manual For SOP #15 Stock Rotation Procedure that I needed to add a temporary storage part. We have a raw material area, a finished product area and a distribution area. He stated that if an auditor came in and saw one of those items in a wrong area it would be wrong. There for we need a temp storage area. If we are busy with receiving where are finished product is and the raw material is sitting there at least we have a clause saying something.

I was told by our external auditor that in our Operational Manual For SOP #15 Stock Rotation Procedure that I needed to add a temporary storage part. We have a raw material area, a finished product area and a distribution area. He stated that if an auditor came in and saw one of those items in a wrong area it would be wrong. There for we need a temp storage area. If we are busy with receiving where are finished product is and the raw material is sitting there at least we have a clause saying something.

Thks clarification.

Are you intending to generate a separate "room" for this purpose or ?

You could just have a dedicated area in your warehouse marked "Temporary Storage"

1 Like

You could just have a dedicated area in your warehouse marked "Temporary Storage"

Yes, frankly it sounds sort of nitpicking unless there was some specific observation which generated the auditor's comment.

or call it what it is........................WIP

Work in Progress...............any auditor worth their salt should understand the difference between in process manufacturing and "temporary storage"

We could pull from a line and move it to the raw material area then we could move something to the distribution area because we don`t have the space because something is getting shipped and we need it wrapped and that is the only area that has the room.

Can you post the actual code section please

none of those things is temporary storage

your auditor is out of bounds

Similar Discussion Topics
Order of processes - manufacturing, testing, writing specifications Regulation or guidance document regarding production Writing Ahead Writing Root Causes to Audit Queries Need help writing the process for the scope our QSFM Writing a Food Safety Manual Writing a Food Safety Manual Template for writing procedures? Vector Swabbing program writing Looking for a good template for writing SOP'S AND SSOP'S? Writing new SOP procedures for Metal Detector