What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hygiene of Strip curtains

Started by , Jun 24 2021 09:55 AM
2 Replies

Hi all, I work in a flight catering company. So we have 24hr production, I would like to know your opinions on how often should the strip curtains installed in walk in chillers, freezers be cleaned. I feel it is a source of cross contamination, as trolleys are pulled in & out through the day, it rubs on the staff aprons as they go about, the staff could be wearing gloves which comes in contact with the curtains & might continue to use the same gloves for cooking unknowingly. & I would also like to know if anyone does hygiene monitoring - ATP swab on strip curtains & what would the ideal count be? Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template
[Ad]

switch them out for high speed doors

problem solved

you'd have to run atp swabs to get a baseline first, but I'd be shooting for less than 500 units........given what they are if you can get that low consistently, i'd be impressed

I'd spend the extra time/energy on your people/process flow

They should be changing gloves once they've touched the strips every time

If the staff aren't wearing gloves (or aren't changing gloves) your numbers will probably be off the charts, as far as ATP tests go. I agree with Scampi that high-speed doors are preferable, but in our operation we can't afford them. We use a window cleaner/squeegee with an extender pole to clean our strip curtains. They are cleaned and tested once a week, but we also supervise cGMPs (gloves and so forth) pretty stringently, and we aren't running 24/7. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template Hygiene and fabrication inspection template for BRCGS GHPs-HACCP : General Principles of Food Hygiene Rev.2022 Personal Hygiene BRCV9 - 7.2.1 Looking for Factory a Hygiene Checklist Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene