What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Multiple HACCP plans / process flow

Started by , Jun 24 2021 11:57 AM
3 Replies

Hi all, Long story short: new job - a million products - HACCP inadequate - I'm re-assessing (HACCP is my weakest point - inappropriate i know) The HACCP has been broken down into 9 processes. My question is do i want the following: A) an individual HACCP plan for each process, including individual scope, intention, team, pre-req, flow chart, hazard analysis B) One HACCP plan, with the 9 flow charts and hazard analysis completed individually but covered by the same pre-req and hazard analysis? It is currently the 9 process flow charts with one pre-req and one hazard analysis to cover all 9 flows. Thanks in advance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Label for a product with multiple vendors Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Multiple Sifters as OPRPs
[Ad]

Hi all,

Long story short: new job - a million products - HACCP inadequate - I'm re-assessing (HACCP is my weakest point - inappropriate i know)

The HACCP has been broken down into 9 processes. 

My question is do i want the following:

A) an individual HACCP plan for each process, including individual scope, intention, team, pre-req, flow chart, hazard analysis

B) One HACCP plan, with the 9 flow charts and hazard analysis completed individually but covered by the same pre-req and hazard analysis? 

It is currently the 9 process flow charts with one pre-req and one hazard analysis to cover all 9 flows. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi FSA,

Difficult to answer without some specific info regarding the haccp plans.

Just for example, a school menu can often be done with two hazard analyses and one very long list. The reason - all the various items have one of 2 equivalent flowchart/CCP formats..

Hi Charles. 

We basically take in raw materials (ambient, chill, and frozen) and make ready meals (compilation) or pre-portioned meals (one product). all either cook-chill, cook-frozen, or frozen.

Its effectively a giant kitchen in various conjoined industrial units (no clear flow whatsoever due to the facility). 

The plans that exist currently are:

- cooked production

- cold water mix production (powdered sauces etc. used for the meals)

- repacked / compilation (bulk frozen goods in and repacked either individual portions or mixed product portions and despatched frozen)

- factored products (products in and out with no processing)

- vacuum packed (whole potatoes or stew mix vacuum packed, cooked, blast chill)

- repacked frozen (bulk frozen goods in and repacked in individual portions, frozen)

- hot production (goods in, cooked and portioned, chilled)

- baked potato / skins product (ambient goods in, cooked, blast chill, blast froze)

- hot cold dish production (ambient/chill/freeze goods in, meals made/assembled/ portioned, blast chill)

I hope this makes sense. It's only my third day so i definitely do not understand it yet. 

Hi Charles. 

We basically take in raw materials (ambient, chill, and frozen) and make ready meals (compilation) or pre-portioned meals (one product). all either cook-chill, cook-frozen, or frozen.

Its effectively a giant kitchen in various conjoined industrial units (no clear flow whatsoever due to the facility). 

The plans that exist currently are:

- cooked production

- cold water mix production (powdered sauces etc. used for the meals)

- repacked / compilation (bulk frozen goods in and repacked either individual portions or mixed product portions and despatched frozen)

- factored products (products in and out with no processing)

- vacuum packed (whole potatoes or stew mix vacuum packed, cooked, blast chill)

- repacked frozen (bulk frozen goods in and repacked in individual portions, frozen)

- hot production (goods in, cooked and portioned, chilled)

- baked potato / skins product (ambient goods in, cooked, blast chill, blast froze)

- hot cold dish production (ambient/chill/freeze goods in, meals made/assembled/ portioned, blast chill)

I hope this makes sense. It's only my third day so i definitely do not understand it yet. 

Hi FSA,

Thks for info.

I assume this is traditional haccp, ie Codex type.

IMO available options will particularly depend on CCPs

IMO both A and B should only require one set of PRPs. A question of cross-referencing.

I would have thought option B requiring  One haccp plan would only be intelligible if the multiple flowcharts are directly/indirectly mergeable into one master flow thereby blending the hazard analyses/CCPs. I deduce this is currently not done/possible.

Similar Discussion Topics
Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Label for a product with multiple vendors Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Multiple Sifters as OPRPs FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations Multiple HACCPs Discussion Sending same samples to multiple labs Is there any value in having Multiple GFSI-SQF Certifying Bodies? SQF certificate with multiple sites