What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Rapid test for yeast and mold

Started by , Jul 15 2021 07:30 PM
4 Replies

Hey, I am trying to get product out the door a bit quicker to clear up space and was interested in 3Ms rapid yeast mold petrifilm. I have heard that 2 days just isn't enough time to grow yeast/mold though. Anyone out there, that has used this product, care to comment on the experiences? Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rapid plates vs agar plates High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Rapid Detection of Graphene and Ethleyn Oxide's Rapid Illegal dye testing Rapid Mycotoxin Test
[Ad]

It is, and it does work.  But I recall it taking 3 days?

It is, and it does work.  But I recall it taking 3 days?

I have used them for a couple of years now and they do work in 2 days. You can read as soon as 48 hrs but you should use a light table and a good magnifying device as the growth is quite small and color is also difficult to determine. Last year I read results and ended up being accurate. At 72 hrs the results were much more perceptible but I kept them for 5 days and looked at them each day to confirm.

I have used them for a couple of years now and they do work in 2 days. You can read as soon as 48 hrs but you should use a light table and a good magnifying device as the growth is quite small and color is also difficult to determine. Last year I read results and ended up being accurate. At 72 hrs the results were much more perceptible but I kept them for 5 days and looked at them each day to confirm.

Ah yes...that's right.  Thanks for reminding me.  

I've used another yeast and mould rapid test method called Soleris a couple of years ago. It was an 48 hours TAT, which was a qualitative test.

It was a pretty accurate test. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Rapid plates vs agar plates High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Rapid Detection of Graphene and Ethleyn Oxide's Rapid Illegal dye testing Rapid Mycotoxin Test Rapid Test Vs Lab Test for Microbiological Parameter Rapid Micro test of bread ? InSite Rapid Enviromental Listeria Species Test (Hygiena) SQF clause 2.8.1.1 - Does anyone know of an Rapid Allergen Test that tests for the Big 8? Rapid methods for environmental monitoring