What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is usage of triclosan banned?

Started by , Jul 28 2021 04:43 AM
3 Replies

Is usage of triclosan banned ? Our hand wash liquid's MSDS mentions that active ingredient in the liquid is triclosan. Does auditors object for the use of this material?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Usage of salt product after floor contact? Limits on antibiotics, banned chemicals in the EU market Is there any way to correct over usage of Carmoisne E122 colorant in prepared guava juice? How to search for Raw Materials that are banned in US? Usage of term "Isolated Case" in a customer complaint report
[Ad]

Is usage of triclosan banned ? Our hand wash liquid's MSDS mentions that active ingredient in the liquid is triclosan. Does auditors object for the use of this material?

Kind of complicated, but in the US it is no longer considered GRAS by the FDA and there is a truck load of legalities with it's use as non-OTC. I believe that many countries (including my northern neighbor) it is still very much in use. You would have to verify your countries ruling on this.

1 Like1 Thank

in the United States it is not banned. However, there is a caveat for use in that a small amount can enter the body thru the skin.

For our clients and ourselves we have recommended an avoidance.

1 Like1 Thank

My only exposure to triclosan is that sensodyne toothpaste with tricolosan. I have to order it from another country because it can't be sold here. So my understanding is that USA has restrictions, some other countries do not. I hope that helped lol.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Usage of salt product after floor contact? Limits on antibiotics, banned chemicals in the EU market Is there any way to correct over usage of Carmoisne E122 colorant in prepared guava juice? How to search for Raw Materials that are banned in US? Usage of term "Isolated Case" in a customer complaint report Switzerland banned Chlorpyrifos Do you know if Chlorpyrifos are banned in Denmark? Gloves usage in High care room Approved Chemical Usage Banned pesticides in FDA