What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a signature of approval required for a revamped HACCP plan?

Started by , Aug 04 2021 02:53 PM
4 Replies

Hi everyone- Quick question. I recently went through the company I work for HACCP plan/binder and updated, revised, and reformatted the entire plan/binder. I changed/fixed at least one thing on EVERY document, sop, and ssop. Their previous versions were all signed and approved by upper management. Since i completely revamped the entire HACCP book do my new versions need to be approved and signed as well? Thanks in advance, jn

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

yes

I personally only use 'signature approval' when it is a document or statement that is from the highest management member, e.g. company policy or statement of intent, etc.

HACCP though is to be signed by all team members.

I do not sign SOPs, although they are to be issued by an approved person which is detailed in the document control procedure. 

Things may be different for US tho, so see other opinions. 

1 Like

Hi everyone- Quick question. I recently went through the company I work for HACCP plan/binder and updated, revised, and reformatted the entire plan/binder. I changed/fixed at least one thing on EVERY document, sop, and ssop. Their previous versions were all signed and approved by upper management. Since i completely revamped the entire HACCP book do my new versions need to be approved and signed as well?

Thanks in advance

jn

Depends.

If you changed the content or format.

Format of documents or for example: adding another item to the pre-op form - we don't require an upper management signature

Policy changes, SOPs, SSOPs, HACCP documents and changing the wording/content - upper management signature.

The only documents that Upper Management has physically has signed at our facility are HACCP Plan, Food Safety Plan, Flow Diagrams, and the Food Safety Policy Statement.  All other documents we include in the header an "Approved By" and "Reviewed By" statement.  This has been my policy and go-to method for my last couple positions and I've had that procedure approved by half a dozen auditors.  

I don't believe that there is an absolute requirement for a physical signature on all, unless noted in your preferred auditing scheme.  In SQF I know that for some documents, such as the Flow Diagram, for example, the code specifically states that all members of the food safety team must "Confirm" the diagram to be correct.  In that case, you do need a physical signature.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree