What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How often do you launder coats?

Started by , Nov 03 2021 03:13 PM
1 Reply

Hi everyone.

I am writing a procedure for laundering our uniforms (per auditor suggestion at last audit). We provide pants (scrub type), tshirts, sweatshirts, beanies, glove liners, and coats/jackets. The employees who work in the cooler/packaging area are wearing the jackets as the outermost layer. The coats are hung just inside of production doors and are currently being washed once a week. I got to thinking about this more, and I wonder if they need to be washed after every use just like all of the other uniform items since they are the outer layer? We package nothing but lettuce and the process is completely automated until the package is sealed then someone places them in the box by hand.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can we launder Cleaning Rags at home? Reusing coats and hairnets Risk analysis on visitors and employees wearing lab coats and uniforms Laundering Uniforms/Coats Storing Coats, Jackets, and Sweatshirts
[Ad]

Hi producelady; I don't see a need for that frequent washing of the coats/jackets taking into account your automated processes. The cooler/packaging operators do not come into contact with the exposed product, do they? Production personnel uniform is a different story: it definitely should be laundered daily. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Can we launder Cleaning Rags at home? Reusing coats and hairnets Risk analysis on visitors and employees wearing lab coats and uniforms Laundering Uniforms/Coats Storing Coats, Jackets, and Sweatshirts Safety Hazard of Lab Coats Are Colored Coats Allowed - packer of deep frozen products? Can we have pockets in clothing worn under lab coats? GMP/Lab coats Is stud fastening acceptable on workwear coats?