Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:59 AM

I am working with company which packing food. We are required lab coats in all packing area . We also have department which producing top cover for plastic bottle.Are lab coats  required in food plant which producing snap toppers to plastic bottle filled with candy?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

I am working with company which packing food. We are required lab coats in all packing area . We also have department which producing top cover for plastic bottle.Are lab coats  required in food plant which producing snap toppers to plastic bottle filled with candy?

Hi FoodAG,

Thanks for yr query and Welcome to the Forum !

Not sure I fully understand yr query.

The motivation for wearing a “uniform” in a food/packaging manufacturing facility is typically hygiene, particularly in respect to risk prevention/control of  hazards such as contamination.

The style of uniform is usually determined (intuitively or otherwise) by risk assessment/hazard analysis for the specific “product” within the context/constraints of factors such as  the food, packaging, process, environment, employees, local Regulatory standards,  customs, etc.

I presume you work in a dry environment of non-extreme temperatures/humidities with handling of exposed RTE products.?

Do you have some particular objection/reason against the use of lab coats ? Not effective against preventing contamination perhaps ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LAB coats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users