What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Weight declaration - selling to food service distributor

Started by , Nov 08 2021 02:03 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of advise on how we label and sell our product. We currently sell in to a food service distributor to go in to restaurants. We sell them 12 in a box with a weight on. However, we want to determine if, in this selling sense, we have to sell by weight and whether we can just sell by units per case?

I'm used to working with product going into retailers, which are sold directly to the consumer. Little confused whether the Weights and Measures Act is relating to the food service sector also.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Net Weight conversion ounces and grams
[Ad]

what country are you in please

In the UK, apologies for not making this clear

https://www.gov.uk/w.../packaged-goods

There (in the link) is an allowable tolerance for underweights...

https://www.gov.uk/g...on-to-consumers

The above link specifically mentions catering (food service)

Pre-packed foods are exempt from these requirements if they are:

• under 5 g or 5 ml, apart from herbs and spices, where there is no minimum threshold
  • usually sold by number, provided that the number of items can be clearly seen and easily counted from the outside
  • subject to considerable losses in their volume or mass and are sold by number or weighed in the presence of the purchaser

Looks like your best best to determine the average weight of 12 of these items, and put that on the carton in the smaller allowable font, and the unit count in a larger font

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Do I need Net weight and PDP on gift box? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Net Weight conversion ounces and grams Weight control tolerance levels in Asian markets Excel template Average Weight Control How to calculate MAV weight? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density Does net weight have to be centered on a bag?