What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Handheld Metal Detector Suggestion

Started by , Jan 14 2022 06:31 PM
5 Replies

Hello,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a handheld metal detector device that is FDA approved?

For reference- I want to scan 5 lb bags of produce in our facility

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Handheld Inkjet Printer Recommendation Handheld IR scanners for raw material/finished product analysis Handheld Barcode Verifier
[Ad]

That depends, what size and type of metal are you looking for?

is it impaled in the product, or loose in the skid?

That depends, what size and type of metal are you looking for?

is it impaled in the product, or loose in the skid?

Currently we are doing 2.0mm NFe, 2.5mm Stainless Steel and 1.5 mm Fe. So preferably the same.

Our product packaging is in 5lb bags of lettuce. It should be loose in the skid and/or packaging.

Thanks!

Can you send your product through an inline MD just before it's packed into bags?

You should be able to adjust your MD to run those bags prior to putting in cases...….lettuce isn't dense, so no worries there

I don't think you'll find a wand that is sensitive enough to achieve what you need

You can also have the finished product go a warehouse that provides xray for food---------google that for close by and you might luck out

Then you can write a deviation to your process, and your CA is the offsite xray or MD facility

Hello,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a handheld metal detector device that is FDA approved?

For reference- I want to scan 5 lb bags of produce in our facility

Thanks

try googling <<<<< food hand-held metal detectors >>>>>

Also see -

https://www.ifsqn.co...metal-detector/

Similar Discussion Topics
Handheld Inkjet Printer Recommendation Handheld IR scanners for raw material/finished product analysis Handheld Barcode Verifier