• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Trinidad and Tobago
    Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 09 November 2021 - 10:38 PM

Good day,

I work for a small food service company than has now ventured into food manufacturing. We would like to print relevant information on plastic film packaging such as the batch #, expiry date and the time it was produced. Do any of you all have experience using handheld printers to achieve this for small companies? Having an automated system is not feasible right now as the entire process is manual. Thank you for your time.

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:56 PM

This is what we were using.

Cost-$3,500-$4k USD per gun. EBS makes it, the model we have is no longer sold but take a look at EBS hand held printers for the newer styles.

Cons-
 If exposed to excessive use (like people drop kicking it) it has a tendency to dislodge the internal board connected to charging port
There is cleaning and maintenance involved (Mostly cleaning to keep ink jets free of debris)

Pros-

You can install the software on your pc and use that to upload to specialized usb to control, Maint Manager says it's fairly intuitive
Maint Manager says it prints pretty great and as long as people aren't kicking it around the warehouse it is fairly reliable

I've attached some pics.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

julie900

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

We converted a few lines from VideoJet to Snead. 

I highly recommend Snead, we use an automated one but they also have a handheld option that may work for your purposes. I can't speak with experience on their handheld. 

I can say their product has been extremely well received by production staff, is simple to use and maintain. It's also VERY affordable. 

https://sneedcoding....reedom-handheld

printerfans

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 October 2023 - 08:31 AM

The BENTSAI BT-HH6105B2 handheld printer currently used in our factory may meet your needs.

It combines the advantages of manual and automatic use on the conveyor belt. It is designed with an external photoelectric sensor (photoelectric tube) that can be seamlessly integrated with your production line for automatic coding. The printer has a maximum speed of 60 meters per minute.

https://www.bentsais...-Inkjet-Printer

Attached File  Image_20231027162801.png   247.68KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image_20231027163209.png   297.45KB   0 downloads

Edited by printerfans, 27 October 2023 - 08:33 AM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users