What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Antibiotic and CCP

Started by , Jan 15 2022 10:47 PM
3 Replies

In our process, we are using filter to sterilize compressed air before going into the fermentation chamber, we are also sterilizing all the equipment's and media. However, additionally, we are using antibiotic in the chamber to control microorganisms. I am quite confused where I shall put CCP, filter or antibiotic? Note that, compressed air can contain pathogenic microorganism. Use of antibiotic is questionable due to concern for Antimicrobial resistance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Food defense implications of having antibiotic cream in a first aid kit that is right outside a production area? Antibiotic and stock medicine trace testing in meat Antibiotic sampling frequency Antibiotic Risk Assessment
[Ad]

In our process, we are using filter to sterilize compressed air before going into the fermentation chamber, we are also sterilizing all the equipment's and media. However, additionally, we are using antibiotic in the chamber to control microorganisms. I am quite confused where I shall put CCP, filter or antibiotic? Note that, compressed air can contain pathogenic microorganism. Use of antibiotic is questionable due to concern for Antimicrobial resistance. 

Hi Mazid,

2 initial comments.

(1) It may depend on what Standard (if any) is involved, eg Regulatory, GFSI (eg BRC, ISO22000), etc.

(2) You will need to do a hazard analysis / Risk assessment in order to determine whether a CCP exists.

1 Thank

Hi Mazid,

2 initial comments.

(1) It may depend on what Standard (if any) is involved, eg Regulatory, GFSI (eg BRC, ISO22000), etc.

(2) You will need to do a hazard analysis / Risk assessment in order to determine whether a CCP exists.

We are supposed to get FSSC 22000 certification. I have done Hazard analysis. I found filter at compressed air entry point to the fermentation chamber can be a CCP, but again we are using antibiotic at the chamber to control microorganism. Theoretically, antimicrobial use can be a CCP. But, I cannot be sure actually. Any logical suggestion would be appreciated. 

We are supposed to get FSSC 22000 certification. I have done Hazard analysis. I found filter at compressed air entry point to the fermentation chamber can be a CCP, but again we are using antibiotic at the chamber to control microorganism. Theoretically, antimicrobial use can be a CCP. But, I cannot be sure actually. Any logical suggestion would be appreciated. 

It may depend on the overall process flow chart / product status etc but, offhand, compressed air quality and antimicrobials sound more likely to be involving Prerequisite programs. Unless there is a specific hazard/process step involved.

Similar Discussion Topics
High likelihood of failure of antibiotic rapid test kit as control measure Food defense implications of having antibiotic cream in a first aid kit that is right outside a production area? Antibiotic and stock medicine trace testing in meat Antibiotic sampling frequency Antibiotic Risk Assessment AntiBiotic Testing As CCP in Dairy Industry Antibiotic Test in Milk