What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How often should a new NBFDS statement be requested?

Started by , May 19 2022 11:52 AM
8 Replies

When doing Supplier Documentation review, how often should a new NBFDS statement be requested?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Radiological Free statement from supplier SQF 2.7.1.3 - Food Defense Plan, Challenge example requested Made in the US statement Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered GSO Std - Microbiological Standards for Foodstuffs requested
[Ad]

NBFDS? What does that stand for.

National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Statement

Depends on what the statement(s) say

If you get one that says something along the lines of it being a continuing letter of guarantee that every two years would suffice---if no such statement, then annually

1 Like

I am receiving NBFDS specific statements from suppliers

So I should ask for updates every 2 years then? correct?

Depends on what the statement(s) say

If you get one that says something along the lines of it being a continuing letter of guarantee that every two years would suffice---if no such statement, then annually

Agree. Some suppliers put an expiration date on their letter of guarantee and some do not.  It is dependent on the risk to your product identification. For ingredients, I think annually would be more sufficient - OR maybe in your contracts you say that it needs to be given upon contract renewal and to report all formulation changes to you.

I tried researching the NBFDS guidance docs but found nothing pertaining to supplier verification/review

Anyone know where this information is located?

I have a supplier that is stating they don't need to give me a new letter for 3 years

I tried researching the NBFDS guidance docs but found nothing pertaining to supplier verification/review

Anyone know where this information is located?

I have a supplier that is stating they don't need to give me a new letter for 3 years

That might be accurate. I have had letters that have lasted for 5 years but that was for packaging materials.

I honestly don't know those regulations too well, I would have to research it a bit more myself, but just from reading the regulation,  https://www.ecfr.gov...-A/section-66.9, and the federal notice https://www.federalr...losure-standard, you may have to have a combination of the letter and maybe your own periodic testing. Almost like a Supplier Approval Program - do your own testing as a verification activity at a frequency you are comfortable with. 

NBFDS? What does that stand for.

In fact, it fully stands for National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard.

For reference, you can take a look at:

1. NBFDS Meaning

Similar Discussion Topics
Radiological Free statement from supplier SQF 2.7.1.3 - Food Defense Plan, Challenge example requested Made in the US statement Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered GSO Std - Microbiological Standards for Foodstuffs requested Do product specifications need a GRAS and FDA statement? Contains statement regarding Tree Nuts FDA Ingredient Statement What to include in a Position Statement? Position Statement 618