What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Screens on Downspouts

Started by , Aug 22 2022 08:07 PM
4 Replies

Hello,

Do downspouts that come directly from the roof to the ground with no entrance to the interior of the facility have to have a screens at the ends? 

From the articles that I've read it seems that it is best practice even thought it would prevent pest creating homes in the pipe, clogging it or dying therefore creating other problems.

Has anyone every been dings from an auditor not having the spouts ends covered?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you maintain compliance of Ipad and tablet screens in use on the factory floor? Do fly screens fitted to external doors allow them to be left open? What is the diameter for holes in window screens? Dock Door Screens SQF How do you handle torn sifter screens?
[Ad]

I've never had an auditor look for screens

Based on home experience, I wouldn't want screens on drains.  They could become clogged and overflow.  You would need someone checking/cleaning them on a regular basis.

We had old rubber boots over a couple downspouts on our house, to disperse water.  The boots filled up with silt and debris from the roof, clogged the holes, and in the next big rain, the gutters were overflowing. Got rid of the boots and haven't had an issue since.  No more

In my experience, no auditor look at it initially. Depending on other PRPs/GMPs, for example, if your IPM showed high rodent activity or roofrat, the auditor may ask controls for it. But as to have downspout with no screen as a finding initially, I think no auditor cite it.

BR

As an Auditor I don't think I ever saw screens on down spouts.

What I did see however was dowmspots included in PCO records and written procedures for cleaning and ensuring pest free, rats, mice, etc.

Now I have seen animal up spout preventors that included rather nasty sets of pain inflicting materials such as spikes and razors.

In Costa Rica and Panama I saw downspouts in the urban areas but out in the more jungle cut out areas nome at all and that is because snakes love going up them to get to the roof to bask in the sun.

Thank you guys!

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you maintain compliance of Ipad and tablet screens in use on the factory floor? Do fly screens fitted to external doors allow them to be left open? What is the diameter for holes in window screens? Dock Door Screens SQF How do you handle torn sifter screens? Sifter Screens as CCP Magnets and Screens as OPRPs Filters, Screens and Strainer Calibration # of CCP for multiple magnets and multiple screens