• Quick Navigation
Photo

How do you maintain compliance of Ipad and tablet screens in use on the factory floor?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mark Richardson

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:29 PM

Hello GFSI-ers, and SQF-ers!  We are implementing a new software system to track the plant called RedZone.  It requires monitor screens and tablets on the floor for communication and entry of data, etc. And we want to maintain no glass or brittle plastics compliance.  We are installing frames and covers, but I'm wondering how others have maintained compliance. Feel free to share any learnings good or bad with Redzone, but it looks very good from a compliance standpoint.  Best Regards,  Mark Richardson

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:42 PM

I am familiar with Redzone but have not seen it in action.

We use flexible rubberized protectors on our handhelds and tablets and peel them off and replace each day - they get washed, rinsed and sanitized and are then placed back on after drying or a new one is used.

Works out well.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Frenchygal12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Meeting new people, quality and learning new things!

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:05 PM

This is a very interesting subject. We also have employees doing this. I am new to the company and the laptops were in place before I got here and I was not thinking about this. This topic has brought my awareness to the glass and bristle issue. 

@Glenn, can you shed more light on the rubberized protectors and how we can get them? Thanks. 

jkoratich712

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 99 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food, books, bakeries, coffee, HACCP, sanitation

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:39 PM

We have several monitors in operations. They are secured higher up, so no easy way for them to get broken. Despite that, they are in an enclosure and part of our monthly GBPC inspection.

We implemented tablets throughout all of operations 3 (?) years ago. We have broken quite a few, but none of them ever shattered - more like the internals got damaged. Our IT department tired a variety of different cases to find the ones that work best for us. They have all tablets on a quarterly inspection program - they collect, take out of case, inspect, thoroughly clean, and then return.

We haven't had an auditor - SQF, Dept. of Ag, or FDA - question us at all in regards to the devices being on the floor. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Njaquino

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 145 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:33 PM

All facilities I worked in, we implemented tablets. Get the rubber waterproof casing on them and add them to your sanitation schedule!  

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users