What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Chilling Process after Baking step

Started by , Sep 16 2022 06:44 PM
1 Reply

Hello, 

I would like to know if its mandatory to perform the chilling process after the baking step for Crumbcake- FDA Audit? the Baking temperature reaches 218 degrees. Thanks, 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Seafood, Crab-Lobster Blast Chilling Quick chilling composite dairy based sauce Cooking and chilling CCP for RTE granola? SQF 12.6.2, cold storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods
[Ad]

Hello, 

I would like to know if its mandatory to perform the chilling process after the baking step for Crumbcake- FDA Audit? the Baking temperature reaches 218 degrees. Thanks, 

As I recall from various previous threads, it's to avoid problems from Bacillus spp spores, some species of which are distinctly temperature resistant (>100degC). From a HACCP POV, IIRC, such possibility is also minimized by including a B.cereus limit on flour ingredient.

Similar Discussion Topics
Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Seafood, Crab-Lobster Blast Chilling Quick chilling composite dairy based sauce Cooking and chilling CCP for RTE granola? SQF 12.6.2, cold storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods Pasta Sauce HACCP - chilling stage SQF 11.6.1 Cold Storage, Freezing, and chilling of foods Low pH, Hot filled sauces > is controlled/rapid chilling necessary Heat treated food rapid chilling Freezing and chilling temperatures