• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:09 PM

Hello

I would value feedback from forum members on their views on the need to 'quick chill' a composite dairy-based sauce with particulates that is cooked at 90 deg C for 10 minutes (C botulinum cook), then hot filled into 'flexi pillow bags' (10kg product mass) at 72 deg C or higher and then sealed with a bung.   If 'quick chilling' is necessary, what timescales would you apply for the product to reach 5 deg C?

TIA

Edited by The Prof, 29 October 2021 - 03:10 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 October 2021 - 04:55 AM

Hello

I would value feedback from forum members on their views on the need to 'quick chill' a composite dairy-based sauce with particulates that is cooked at 90 deg C for 10 minutes (C botulinum cook), then hot filled into 'flexi pillow bags' (10kg product mass) at 72 deg C or higher and then sealed with a bung.   If 'quick chilling' is necessary, what timescales would you apply for the product to reach 5 deg C?

TIA

Why the "C.botulinum" cook (terminology reserved for sterilization?) ?

Is it MAP or vacuum sealed ?

Intended shelf-life ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

The Prof

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2021 - 04:17 PM

Not MAP or vacuum sealed.

Shelf life of up to 60 days chilled.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:02 AM

Hello

TIA

Hi Prof,

The answer may involve the specific nature of yr product, eg pH, composition, etc.

I anticipate that yr query is closely similar to this post/thread which contains references to some official, generic, UK chilling times -

https://www.ifsqn.co...es/#entry176166.

(8degC is a common UK reference point in addition to 5 degC due the typical UK refrigeration philosophy)

I suggest you also study the attached UK document which  analyses the related microbiological aspects and (I deduce) categorises yr product into a "Long shelf-life"  item. If so, it appears that additional requirements may need to be satisfied as indicated in document's Fig 1.

Attached File  micro quality - chilled-pasteurised-foods,Campden.pdf   597.6KB   5 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

The Prof

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2021 - 09:17 AM

Many thanks Charles - I shall take a look at these references.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users