What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Review of preventive controls records

Started by , Oct 04 2022 07:05 PM
3 Replies

I work at a large food warehouse and we consider inspections performed on both inbound and outbound trailers (temperature and sanitary condition) to be preventive controls. I have to review a couple hundred trailer inspection checklists daily and date them to demonstrate that the records were reviewed within 7 days. I'm considering having a custom stamp made that says:

REVIEWED BY

DATE

MY NAME

Anyone know whether this would be acceptable to FDA?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Review document Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit Pre-shipment Review 9 CFR 417.5
[Ad]

Why have you determined these to be PC'S?

Temperature, I can understand, for those materials that may be subject to pathogen growth if temperatures are not maintained.

I wouldn't consider the sanitary condition of a trailer to be a PC. If the trailer or materials contained in the trailer arrive in an insanitary state, you are going to reject the trailer/contents. The material will then never make it into your facility to cause food safety concerns downstream.

Marshall

Why have you determined these to be PC'S?

Temperature, I can understand, for those materials that may be subject to pathogen growth if temperatures are not maintained.

I wouldn't consider the sanitary condition of a trailer to be a PC. If the trailer or materials contained in the trailer arrive in an insanitary state, you are going to reject the trailer/contents. The material will then never make it into your facility to cause food safety concerns downstream.

Marshall

A stamp is acceptable as long as you initial it.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Review document Management Review using Pyramid for KPI BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit Pre-shipment Review 9 CFR 417.5 Procedure for approving suppliers of services and annual review for their performance SQF - Frequency of specification review BRCGS 3.5.3.3 - Supplier of Services Review SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management? Review of product safety after fridge froze over?