What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the terms GMP and cGMP?

Started by , Feb 24 2023 11:15 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? Can FDA CGMP be a Preventive Control in our food safety plan? How is garlic typically treated (in terms of a kill step) when it's in a powder form?
[Ad]

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Hi TC,

Maybe try googling cGMP - It's American.

In food sector GMP and cGMP are not a lot different. But if you are working on pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals, you may need their relevant cGMP. I would recommend that you read cGMP based on the FDA codes so you can be fully compliant. 

You can read more about cGMP for drugs in the following FDA codes: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 314
  • Title 21: CFR Part 210
  • Title 21: CFR Part 211
  • Title 21: CFR Part 212
  • Title 21: CFR Part 600

For food I would mostly consider GMP in other countries and in the US go to the following cGMP is needed: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 117 sub part B (Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, And Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food)
1 Like1 Thank

Hi everyone!!

If cGMP came up, I'm going to guess this is a potentially FDA regulated (non-meat) food item?  The FDA in its infinite wisdom tried to reinvent the wheel in regards to a variety of food safety terms and principles after the FSMA.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? Please explain a 6.5 log10 reduction in Salmonella in laymans terms? Industry standards for the meat/poultry industry in terms of particle size limits in metal detection? Can FDA CGMP be a Preventive Control in our food safety plan? How is garlic typically treated (in terms of a kill step) when it's in a powder form? Is there any difference between GMP & cGMP? How to understand Seafood HACCP system in simple terms? FSMA Animal Food - Feed Mill cGMP's Can a CGMP be used as a preventive control? Terms and Conditions for outworkers in terms of confidentiality