What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

White label - requirements for food manufacturing

Started by , Mar 08 2023 03:53 PM
2 Replies

Hi, 

My product is packed into the pouches, jars that provided by client. 

What kind of documentation do we need from the vendor or the manufacturing place that they are buying the packaging ?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Use of white out in office and plant? Product White Labelling-Product Relabel Only White Powder Exist in Surface of Polyethylene Film Customer complaint - Holes in White Chocolate
[Ad]

First - depends on the country you are in or exporting too. Also are you under a GFSI certificate (BRC, SQF, etc).

Generally - you need at least a statement from the supplier it is for food use.

https://www.ag.ndsu....kaging-labeling - this website may help with US regulations

You need:

A product specification that specifies exactly what you're buying.

A declaration of compliance that covers the legislation of the point of sale.

(for plastic) a migration report that proves that no migration or forbidden compounds are in the package or leaked from it.

Since I've never had glass packaging, I'm not sure if glass packaging requires any additional documentation.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? Use of white out in office and plant? Product White Labelling-Product Relabel Only White Powder Exist in Surface of Polyethylene Film Customer complaint - Holes in White Chocolate Is it necessary to paint the interior perimeter of the warehouse white to 18 inches? Are dry erase white boards allowed inside a food production area? What do hairy white spots in a brownie mean? White shoe cleaning OVO-Vegetarian labeling issue containing egg white powder