• Quick Navigation
Photo

Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Aleph

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 August 2023 - 07:41 AM

Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? We have hundreds on agency workers and some of them stay only few days.  Many thanks

Gelato Quality Lead

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 25 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 August 2023 - 04:26 PM

Who would be in charge of doing this? Where would the spray be kept? Would this be a risk to food safety?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 August 2023 - 04:01 AM

Are we allowed to sanitize white safety shoes with anti fungal spray and reuse for other people? We have hundreds on agency workers and some of them stay only few days.  Many thanks

Do the manufacturers recommend the use of this spray within a food production facility ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 363 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 10 August 2023 - 07:04 PM

You may be better off sending the shoes to a laundering service for professional cleaning, especially considering the volume you're talking about. You likely already have a laundering service for your smocks/lab coats, try reaching out to them to see if they can help.

PQAManager

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2023 - 08:13 PM

Boots would need to be stored away from production and the fungal spray would have to be sprayed I would say in a maintenance shop or changing room.  Somewhere where the fumes will not contaminate production, and your boots will not become contaminated.  The spray needs to be in a locked chemical closet.  Someone will need to be trained on this chemical.  You will need SDS on it.  If you could get a distributer to train you how to use the chemical properly.  Our Ecolab rep came out and trained on the concentration of our Quat and Oasis floor cleaner.  After that initial training you could do the yearly chemical concentration training.  Boots cleaning procedure would need to be updated.  You would have to do a risk assessment.  The risk may be to high.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 August 2023 - 05:58 AM

Frankly, I have never heard of this being done although I can see your problem . Offhand, unless you can answer Post 3, 5, I agree with Post 4 although I anticipate that the total cost may be unworkable.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users