What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preventative Controls vs Controls

Started by , Jun 21 2023 03:43 PM
1 Reply

We just finished our SQF Audit and received an excellent. However our auditor was perplexed that I had identified so many preventative controls in a low risk dry blending small facility. I was told that large companies "best practice" has been to remove/ not identify  the controls that I have in place as "preventaive" because this sets me up for legal exposure on the FDA side. That I can justify my controls as just controls ( based on a risk analysis) - eliminating all the FDA legality. 

What are your thoughts on this? How & why does your company do theirs.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule
[Ad]

That was just an auditor providing their opinion.  If how you have it works and works for the company, let it the way it is.  Do not fall into the trap that some have in the past and some probably do know of changing your programs based on an opinion or one off from an auditor.  That's a rabbit hole you do not want to go down...

2 Likes2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule Preventative Maintenance Program Supplier Preventative Controls Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations Corrective and Preventative Action Policy help Preventative Action plan for an SQF Corrective Action