• Quick Navigation
Photo

Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

NormaO'Brien

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:43 AM

Looking for a little advice.

We recently had an unannounced audit and had a n/c saying: 

The site was not aware of latest position statement P618 which went live in July 2021.

I'm not sure how to proceed with Correction and Proposed Preventative Action Plan.

We have in place our HACCP / Food Defence / Food Fraud / Site Securiry plans and they were all OK.

We are manufactures of Film and bags for the food industry.

I'd really welcome any advice on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 22 June 2022 - 11:29 AM

Greetings Norma,

This is actually a "failure" in staying up-to-date with external changes (standards, legislation etc) so you can address it as such.

So Correction can be the consideration of the P618 in your HACCP / Food Defence / Food Fraud / Site Securiry plans and if it somehow the changes affects them (that's important to mention even if the result is that it has no effect).

The Preventive Action can be a more frequent scanning for possible changes or the set-up of an alert system (if available from a site in the form of newsletter/notification emails-pings etc).

Regards!

Thanked by 2 Members:

NormaO'Brien

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 22 June 2022 - 11:47 AM

Greetings Norma,

This is actually a "failure" in staying up-to-date with external changes (standards, legislation etc) so you can address it as such.

So Correction can be the consideration of the P618 in your HACCP / Food Defence / Food Fraud / Site Securiry plans and if it somehow the changes affects them (that's important to mention even if the result is that it has no effect).

The Preventive Action can be a more frequent scanning for possible changes or the set-up of an alert system (if available from a site in the form of newsletter/notification emails-pings etc).

Regards!

Thank you so much for that.  I will do that and I have also added evidence that Functional Packaging Claims have supporting documentation.

Very much appreciated.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users