What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Uniform Swab

Started by , Jun 27 2023 05:07 PM
5 Replies

Hello all,

Does anyone know what is the limit for aerobic colony count or TPC for employee uniform swab?

It was a requirement to swab employee uniform and iam not sure about the acceptable limit?

Regards,

Jeslin

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs Uniform Logo printing methods What is the best material for a staff uniform in a bakery? Uniform Policy
[Ad]

Mine is APC with the limit of 1000 cfu/swab

Hello all,

Does anyone know what is the limit for aerobic colony count or TPC for employee uniform swab?

It was a requirement to swab employee uniform and iam not sure about the acceptable limit?

Regards,

Jeslin

Do you mean after having been cleaned ???

Hello Charles,

I would like to know the limits before and after been cleaned.

In context of the production environment, the uniform is either a primary or secondary contact surface, so the acceptable limit is probably the same as other primary or secondary environmental surfaces.

It is likely to be one of the many standards you set for yourself, and if your customers disagree they stop being your customer, not a mandated regulatory value.  The use of a uniform isn't even a requirement in most cases.

Hello Charles,

I would like to know the limits before and after been cleaned.

Hi Jeslin,

IMO, "before" is indeterminate.

"after", see this post/thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ing/#entry33629

IIRC, BRC also offer some criteria which are posted elsewhere on this forum (somewhere).

Similar Discussion Topics
What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs Uniform Logo printing methods What is the best material for a staff uniform in a bakery? Uniform Policy FSSC 22000 Uniform Policy What is a "Uniform Grade"? Questions on Uniform or Protective clothing? SQF code 8 - 11.2.9 uniform specifications Wearing disposable lab coat over uniform when smoking?