What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Screen for syrups with pulp and fruit pieces

Started by , Oct 25 2023 02:26 PM
1 Reply

We just recently started making syrups with pulp and fruit in it, but our screen is a 10 mesh and it is filling too slow and clogging up.  Does anyone know what juice companies do for a screen?  According to FDA your screen needs to keep things from 0.3 inches from passing through.  According to that you only have to have a 3, 4, or 5 mesh screen.  Does anyone know of where I can special order gaskets with screens?  Online I can't find anything smaller than a 10 mesh.  The diameter I need is an inch and a half and two inch screens with gasket.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do I need to add Touch Screen Pens to the daily metal checks? Sifter screen size for flow Looking for validation data for an inline 4 mm metal screen in our orange juice processing site Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter Inline screen of bulk liquid tote recommendation
[Ad]

Like a tri-clamp screen?   https://www.sspseals...i-clamp-gaskets  (Maybe)

I think you are kidding yourself that a 4 mesh screen will efficiently remove long slender pieces (such as 1mm x 8mm).  That's almost a 5mm opening.   

I made juice.   We did not screen juice for FM control.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Do I need to add Touch Screen Pens to the daily metal checks? Sifter screen size for flow Looking for validation data for an inline 4 mm metal screen in our orange juice processing site Validating HACCP CCP - In Line Screen Filter Inline screen of bulk liquid tote recommendation Sifting Screen Mesh Size UK Wooden sifter screen frames OK...or not? Mesh screen verification kit Screen door for high traffic area... Screen a CCP, CQP, or nothing?