What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using clorox bleach disinfectant outdoors

Started by , Oct 25 2023 07:24 PM
6 Replies

Hi all, 

I can't seem to find a clear answer for the below:

has anyone used clorox bleach for cleaning exterior washing such as dumpster area when company takes container?

I have been researching but nothing specifies for outdoor use, it only says "container must have EPA #". 

Appreciate the help in advace!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels Can you use Clorox Bleach to remove smell in a floor scrubber? Generic bleach used for cleaning Using Clorox as a food surface chlorine sanitizer Clorox germicidal bleach for foam unit
[Ad]

Why can't you use it? No risks as it's outside area.

1 Thank

I agree with olenazh. Do make sure you have a SDS sheet which is required. Personally, I'd dilute to the concentration you use on your floors.  

We clean our outside dumpster/concrete area with the same sanitizer we use on our floors/equipment.

We are a FDA/USDA facility. Never had any issues. 

2 Likes1 Thank

Agree no food safety risk or employee. 

They're concerned for environmental risks on chemicals used outside. EPA is very strict in Massachusetts. We have been fined for using same floor cleaner used inside in the exterior. 

Also in Mass - can use it outside but not by waterway, not within 250 feet of ocean and can not drain to ocean, stream, etc.   We can not use it for the most part exterior as the new building is within 100 feet of a salt marsh that that is off of a large lagoon.

1 Thank

Agree no food safety risk or employee. 

They're concerned for environmental risks on chemicals used outside. EPA is very strict in Massachusetts. We have been fined for using same floor cleaner used inside in the exterior. 

Ask your chemical supplier. They may have a suggestion and should know the EPA laws. 

1 Like1 Thank

I would opt for PAA instead  no enviro worries---breaks down into water and citric acid

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels Can you use Clorox Bleach to remove smell in a floor scrubber? Generic bleach used for cleaning Using Clorox as a food surface chlorine sanitizer Clorox germicidal bleach for foam unit Anyone using Drysan Oxy for cleaning and disinfectant? How are food companies sourcing disinfectant during Covid19? Minimal concentration of hydrogen-peroxide for use as a disinfectant for viruses (yes corona virus)? Validation of Endosan as disinfectant on surfaces Can we use bleach-soaked rags for cleaning in the food production area