What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sensory for Milk Candy Quality

Started by , Nov 10 2023 04:50 PM
4 Replies

I am currently seeking guidance with how anyone has setup their sensory for candy quality, and sensory for shelf-life.

This is for SQF Edition 9 Level 2 - I realize sensory does not apply to level 2 but i would like to implement a sensory and quality program for our candy produts.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Coffee Sensory Override Poultry further processing (Chicken nuggets & Strips) - Quality related issues and sensory Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation ISO 22000 8.5.4.3 c. - how to verify sensory observations?
[Ad]

Hi Ethan,

By setting sensory do you mean SOP for Sensory Evaluation of the product or Plan for Sensory Evaluation of the product?

Hi Ethan,

By setting sensory do you mean SOP for Sensory Evaluation of the product or Plan for Sensory Evaluation of the product?

Hi Mohammed, 

Honestly I am looking for guidance with both, I have started an SOP but I am currently stuck.

I need input from someone who is not inside our team, or has more understanding of the sensory for candy/milk product

We manufacture a milk based candy, and a caramel based candy both contain pecans.

I have done them for different products (not candy).   Sometimes just comparing them to a standard and sometimes a triangle test.   When you get into qualifying tasters and standards,  it can get quite complicated.   What exactly are you stuck with?

Hi Mohammed, 

Honestly I am looking for guidance with both, I have started an SOP but I am currently stuck.

I need input from someone who is not inside our team, or has more understanding of the sensory for candy/milk product

We manufacture a milk based candy, and a caramel based candy both contain pecans.

You can form a sensory panel of persons working in production, quality, R&D and Marketing department. Opt for Score pattern of 1-5 where 1 is Unsatisfactory 5 is excellent. Ask the panel to give score for appearance, colour, flavour, taste & mouthfeel.

Similar Discussion Topics
Coffee Sensory Override Poultry further processing (Chicken nuggets & Strips) - Quality related issues and sensory Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation ISO 22000 8.5.4.3 c. - how to verify sensory observations? Organoleptic/Sensory Analysis Risk Assessment What is all involved in a Sensory Evaluation Program? Validation of Sensory evaluation? SQF level 3 SQF level 3: Quality, sensory evaluation in quality control SOP for Sensory Evaluation of food