• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:11 PM

Hi all,

I recieved a non-conformance as part of BRC Product Inspection & Laboratory Testing Clause 5.6 & Product Release Clause 5.7. 

The non-conformance states that "Organoleptic testing is not based on a risk assessment". 

I've been trying to find a decent example or template to use for the Risk Assessment for the Sensory/Organoleptic Analysis but I can't find one. 

Also, how would I go about doing it? Would I have to do every product singularly or group the products into categories like cakes/pies/tarts etc.?

Does anybody have good guidance on what way to do this and what the Row x Column titles would be based off?

Any help appreciated! 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:29 PM

Hi all,

I recieved a non-conformance as part of BRC Product Inspection & Laboratory Testing Clause 5.6 & Product Release Clause 5.7. 

The non-conformance states that "Organoleptic testing is not based on a risk assessment". 

I've been trying to find a decent example or template to use for the Risk Assessment for the Sensory/Organoleptic Analysis but I can't find one. 

Also, how would I go about doing it? Would I have to do every product singularly or group the products into categories like cakes/pies/tarts etc.?

Does anybody have good guidance on what way to do this and what the Row x Column titles would be based off?

Any help appreciated! 

Hi EJ,

The specifics may relate to the Product/Process involved.

Perhaps see the matrix included within the attachment in this SQF post - 

https://www.ifsqn.co...lan/#entry90692

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sensoryanalysis, nonconformance, schedule, organoleptic, brc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users