What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Correction in a nonconformity

Started by , Nov 16 2023 06:21 AM
5 Replies

When answering a CAPA or CAR, is "not applicable" allowed if there is no identified immediate action? What are the provisions?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Correction or corrective action in EMP When is CAPA required and what is definition of a correction under SQF? Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations SQF Minor Correction on Supplier
[Ad]

Immediate action or correction is always present for any deviation or non conformity. If you specifically explain the non conformity then i can reply more clearly.

The short answer is NO

If it's been identified as a non conformance, you must have a plan to address it

If it is a legitimate CAR, you have to have a plan to remedy it.

Well in this case, replace money with a corrective action.  And if it's part of your formal audit, you'll likely need a full root cause analysis and a plan to eliminate it from repeating in the future.

1 Like

When answering a CAPA or CAR, is "not applicable" allowed if there is no identified immediate action? What are the provisions?

Thank you!

The only possible way I see that working, is if the CAPA or CAR has already been addressed by an action related to something else.

That said, I would still list the previously taken action as the corrective action to solve the issue. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Correction or corrective action in EMP When is CAPA required and what is definition of a correction under SQF? Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations SQF Minor Correction on Supplier How to determine the root cause, correction and corrective action of cracked item? Correction to IFSQN SQF template Correction error of master thermometer Difference between correction and corrective action Please help me with an example of a correction procedure