What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Designated person for SQF

Started by , Dec 15 2023 11:51 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

We are trying to get GFSI certified for our dumpling production facility. We are trying to implement SQF at our facility. We are a very small facility with few employees, so I wanted to understand if there needs to be any designated person for particular tasks like SQF practitioner, sanitation team or any other roles? Do we need to have a QAM/ HACCP coordinator?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Designated restroom cleaning person Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily? Personal Hygiene - Smoke Breaks - Outside -Designated Area 4.9.3 Designated Location for Cleaning Equipment and Materials 4.7 Staff Facilities / designated eating areas
[Ad]

You need to have a designated SQF Practitioner (SQFP) and a designated back up.  Both need to have completed 2 day accredited HACCP course.  This is to oversee the SQF implementation and maintenance.  Outside of that the SQFP can be any number of varying roles.  I am at a smaller company and my title is QA Manager, I am the SQFP, PCQI (FDA-FSMA), R&D, HACCP Team Leader, Food Defense Coordinator, just to name a few.  It is nice to have designated folks covering each role, however not always practical from a business standpoint as we have to wear many hats.  You can define the roles however you like to fit your needs you just have to have an SQFP and B/U SQFP.

2.1.1.4 code reference......  

2.1.1.4 Senior site management shall designate a primary and substitute SQF practitioner for each site with responsibility and authority to:
i. Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF System;
ii. Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System; and
iii. Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.

Hi,

We are trying to get GFSI certified for our dumpling production facility. We are trying to implement SQF at our facility. We are a very small facility with few employees, so I wanted to understand if there needs to be any designated person for particular tasks like SQF practitioner, sanitation team or any other roles? Do we need to have a QAM/ HACCP coordinator?

You will beed an SQF Practitioner as well as a back-up for this person.  Since you have a smaller company that may mean that your Quality Assurance Manager is also the SQF Practitioner - or whatever assortment of hats you folks wear.

In my friends company one of the partners (there are 2 owners and 5 employees) is also the QA, SQFP and Shipping and Recieving Manager.

Hi,

Similar Discussion Topics
Designated restroom cleaning person Do scales specifically designated for shipping need to be checked daily? Personal Hygiene - Smoke Breaks - Outside -Designated Area 4.9.3 Designated Location for Cleaning Equipment and Materials 4.7 Staff Facilities / designated eating areas Designated Manager